Lilly Pulitzer brand to hold events on campus to recruit for jobs

UF is about to look lovely in Lilly.

Several Lilly Pulitzer-themed events will be held today and Thursday, celebrating UF’s victory in the second annual Path to the Pink Palace contest.

The resort-wear brand’s contest opened in October, when students began voting for their university to win a visit from the Lilly Pulitzer Dream Job Team. During the last round, which had more than 100,000 votes, UF beat out Clemson University, the University of Alabama and Southern Methodist University, said Caroline Wright, social media associate at Lilly Pulitzer.  

Students can pose with a Lilly-printed Jeep that will be parked on Turlington Plaza from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. today.

“This is a brand new Jeep and this will be one of its first appearances,” Wright said.

The Dream Job Team, made up of the brand’s recruiters, will hold a presentation from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. in the Reitz Union Auditorium to discuss its history, inspiration for the collections and what each job within the company entails.

The last event today is a meet-and-greet party from 4 to 6 p.m. at Pink Narcissus, at 3730 SW Archer Road, which is open to the public. There will be giveaways and an artist painting at the event, Wright said.

Wright said the main purpose of the trip is to recruit talented students who embody the Lilly personality. Interviews for future Lilly Pulitzer job opportunities will be held on campus Thursday. Students can sign up for interviews through the Career Resource Center.

Alison Ray, a 20-year-old UF accounting junior, said she might check out the events.

“I like the patterns,” she said, eating out of her Lilly Pulitzer lunchbox.

[A version of this story ran on page 5 on 2/11/2015 under the headline “Lilly Pulitzer brand to hold events on campus today, Thurs."]