University Police confirmed the death of a UF student after he collapsed early Thursday during Air Force ROTC training.

At about 6:40 a.m., Landon H. Rogers was affected by an existing condition, which is currently unknown, during physical training, UPD spokesman Officer Wayne Clark said.

"During his PT this morning with all the other troops and his cadre, they were all doing a run portion of the test," Clark said. "During the run portion, he collapsed."

Rogers’ peers immediately gave him medical attention before Alachua County Fire Rescue and UPD responded minutes later, Clark said.

He said Emergency Medical Services transported Rogers to the UF Health Shands Hospital South Tower, where he was pronounced dead at about 7:25 a.m.

Clark said ROTC staff cleared him to participate in physical activities.

No foul play is expected.

"It wasn’t just him that was running," Clark said. "Everybody was part of this testing."

Rogers was an exploratory freshman in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, UF spokesman Steve Orlando said.

He graduated from Eastside High School, where he played football for four years and lacrosse between 2012 to 2014, according to the MaxPreps website.

As a senior, Rogers was the football team’s quarterback.

Contact Giuseppe Sabella at gsabella@alligator.org and follow him on Twitter @Gsabella