Police said a UF student was arrested Monday evening for slapping a sunbathing woman on the butt at the University Commons pool.

Jason Zeid, 27, approached a female who was lying out by the pool at the apartment complex Sunday around 3 p.m.

After making small talk, Zeid left but returned a few minutes later, at which point she asked him to leave again, according to a Gainesville Police Department report.

He returned a third time and slapped her on the butt, according to the report.

Zeid, a UF landscape architecture senior, was arrested with simple battery.

He is being held at the Alachua County Jail on $2,500 bond.

The University Police Department served Zeid with a trespass warning on Friday.

Zeid disrupted classes around 1:30 p.m. in the Constans Theatre, according to the report. A professor already asked him to leave the building the previous day.

Zeid said he was in the building to "watch the beautiful movements of the dancers and try to find inspiration for [his] next architecture project."

Zeid told police that he is currently a UF student but is in the process of withdrawing from classes this semester, according to the report.

Zeid also got in trouble for loitering outside the Delta Gamma Sorority house on Friday, according to the report.

He tried to talk to several members of the sorority and began to sing to them.

The girls asked him to leave, which he did after they called UPD.

Police stopped him around 6:30 p.m. on 13th Street across from Sorority Row.

The trespass warning bans him from the Contans Theatre and its exterior and all of Sorority Row.

(6) entries

LoreliaGilmore
LoreliaGilmore

This individual needs help. Can't you see these are pathetic cries for help. This person is having a mental breakdown. he is spiraling downward as if he were a 6-year-old in a mylar weather balloon

genius
genius

Quality people UF is letting in nowadays.

ladyrockess
ladyrockess

I think he needs a nice padded room more than some "help".

Radical
Radical

She was asking for it

lakesidegator
lakesidegator

So, let's see -- that's TWO stories about Lane Kiffin: the one about Saban being the best SEC coach, and this one! Man, that guy knows how to get the news.

Naseer
Naseer

WOW! I can't believe this guy was my roommate.

Sign the guestbook.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.