Police arrested two Gainesville residents Wednesday in connection with the murder of 21-year-old Saleha Huuda.

Antonio Drayton, 24, was arrested and charged with first-degree murder, grand theft, abuse of a dead human body, tampering with physical evidence and willful burning of lands, according to a press release released by the Alachua County Sheriff’s Office.

Cassandra Kimbrough, 42, was arrested and charged as an accomplice.

Drayton is Huuda’s ex-boyfriend and was accused of battering and burglarizing her in September. Charges were dropped after Huuda refused to testify.

Drayton and Kimbrough are accused of killing Huuda on Dec. 30 before taking her body into a field off of County Road 225 and setting it on fire in an attempt to conceal evidence, said ASO spokesman Art Forgey.

The medical examiner is still determining the official cause of death, Forgey said.

Drayton and Kimbrough were arrested following an in-depth investigation involving numerous interviews, forensic investigation and and an examination of cell phone records.

Tags

(3) entries

realtruth
realtruth

UF student murder solved!

However, we need the frontpage story space for our football team...

MysteryMyx
MysteryMyx

@Realtruth, that is the most outrageous and ignorant response I have seen online and trust me, I have seen some things. For you to imply that a game is more important than the death of a young woman shows your ignorance. May God bless you and change your frame of mind.[thumbdown]

hoppinglark
hoppinglark

Yo max that was his/her point.!!!
The Rags in this area put all the Sports news on the front page and don't care about the actual people!

Sign the guestbook.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.