<p class="p1">University Police Capt. J.J. Holcomb announces to the UF Student Senate on Tuesday that if approved, Student Nighttime Auxiliary Patrol vans available will double to eight to reduce wait time and increase the system’s efficiency. </p>

University Police Capt. J.J. Holcomb announces to the UF Student Senate on Tuesday that if approved, Student Nighttime Auxiliary Patrol vans available will double to eight to reduce wait time and increase the system’s efficiency. 

The District E senator seat is still vacant, despite Tuesday’s UF Student Senate meeting agenda. 

Members did not vote in District E senator candidate Amanda Meyers, who was taken off the agenda for not submitting additional proof of residency before the meeting.

District E represents students living outside of Alachua County. 

No candidate qualified for the seat during the Fall 2014 Student Government elections.

Additional proof of residency for eligibility is required for the seat, according to Senate President Joseph Michaels. 

Senate President Pro Tempore Davis Bean said Meyers’ position is pending until her documentation is in. 

Bean said Meyers will be present at the next Senate meeting once her paperwork is submitted.

Later in the meeting, the Senate voted in favor of $632 in funding for the Academic and Career Excellence Student Mentoring Society. The organization is a mentoring service for UF students, as well as other schools in the community. The Senate will vote to finally approve the funds next week.

Before the meeting began, ice cream was served to senators during an orientation on bills, resolutions and parliamentary procedures. Michaels ended the meeting with inspiration for the new senators. 

“You are orientated,” Michaels said. “You made it through orientation. The term has begun, and it’s time to start working for your constituents.”