Students will be able to navigate through Student Government’s website with ease next Fall on its new website.

The SG site redesign will be the 2014-2015 executive board members’ last big project before their terms expire in April.

UF Student Body President Cory Yeffet said creating a new website has been one of his goals since the beginning of his term. He said the last time the SG website was updated was about five or six years ago.

He said he wants the site to feature SGTV, a weekly YouTube video that recaps SG events, but the current site allows only a link. He said he also wants to make it easier for students to apply for SG positions.

“I think what we’re really focused on is to tell the story of SG and explain what SG does for the students,” he said.

Yeffet said the process will cost about $30,000.

Parisleaf, a Gainesville web design start-up company, will help SG develop the site.

Student Body Treasurer Elliot Grasso said Parisleaf was the best option of the four companies interviewed because it was the most cost-effective and had the quality they were looking for.

“This website was something that we couldn’t ignore anymore,” he said.

The site is scheduled to go live by the first day of Fall classes, Grasso said.

[A version of this story ran on page 1 on 3/17/2015 under the headline “SG to have new website by Fall, estimated to cost $30,000”]