Swamp Party Student Body president candidate addresses students

After a long season of campaigning, it’s finally time for you, the distinguished students of UF, to decide who you want to represent your university in Student Government. This semester has demonstrated how important it is for our party to continue to follow through on its promises and show how qualified we are to represent every student on this campus. 

We are lucky to attend a university where a humbling amount of students are passionate about a diverse set of campus organizations, and we’re motivated to keep ensuring that every student and every organization feels at home on this campus.

We are listening, and we are committed to using our collective experiences to keep improving on the issues that you feel most passionate about. 

We feel strongly that we’ve put forth a detailed platform that addresses the concerns you have. Our track record shows that when we set out to address a problem, we follow through.

Last year, the Swamp Party presidential candidate, Cory Yeffet, ran on a platform of 18 points, and as we stand today, 15 of those points have been accomplished with the other three as works-in-progress. When we create our platforms, we set our standards high because SG should be working to address every concern from the Student Body, both big and small. When we set our platform, we by no means plan on limiting ourselves to just what we’ve listed on it. As the year develops, our platform evolves with the changing needs of our students.

When our students no longer felt safe on campus this past fall, Swamp responded by co-sponsoring the WalkSafe initiative. When we saw the other state universities’ tuition continue to rise, Swamp responded by lobbying to keep UF’s down. As your elected representatives, Swamp won’t stand idly by when unexpected problems arise throughout the year.

With that said, we can’t emphasize enough the importance of not just voting, but voting for the party that will work for you in the best way possible. 

Vote for the experience you need. 

Vote for the results you deserve. 

Vote Swamp so we can keep fighting for you.

Joey Michaels

Swamp Party Candidate for Student Body president