<p>The Florida swimming and diving teams are competing in the Auburn Invitational this weekend after concluding their dual meet seasons against Tennessee on Friday.</p>

The Florida swimming and diving teams are competing in the Auburn Invitational this weekend after concluding their dual meet seasons against Tennessee on Friday.

The dual-meet season for Florida’s men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams concluded in Knoxville, Tennessee, this past weekend.

After the No. 6 men’s team defeated Auburn 183-114 on Jan. 20, it spoiled the Volunteers’ senior day on Friday with 178-122 victory.

Seniors Caeleb Dressel, Ben Lawless and Jan Switkowski continued to lead the men’s team with first-place finishes in events like the 50 free, 100 fly and 1,000 free.

Other swimmers, such as sophomore Khader Baqlah and freshman Michael Taylor, showed the team’s depth with individual wins in the 200 free, 500 free, 100 back and 200 back.

The men’s team is now 7-1 and is ranked fourth in the nation as it looks to continue its success this weekend at the Auburn Invitational.

The No. 19 women’s team fell to the Volunteers on Friday 118-116 as it concluded its dual-meet season with a 4-5 overall record.

Freshman Taylor Ault was a bright spot for the team as she picked up two first-place finishes in the 500 free and 1,000 free. Brooke Madden also continued to impress with another first-place mark in the 1-meter dive.

Coach Gregg Troy said the women’s team needs to work on addressing its weaknesses and work on its quickness.

“We raced well and showed some improvements throughout the meet,” Troy said in a release. “Some of our weaknesses did show against a team that was deeper than us, and we did not swim well in the sprint events.”

The women will look to rebound this weekend at the Auburn Invitational. This will be the last competition for both Florida teams before the SEC Championships begin on Feb. 14.

Follow Jacob McManamon on Twitter @jmcmanamon97.