<p>Harrison Bader (8) celebrates with Dalton Guthrie (5) and Richie Martin (12) after hitting a home run during Florida's 22-3 win against Rhode Island on Saturday at McKethan Stadium.</p>

Harrison Bader (8) celebrates with Dalton Guthrie (5) and Richie Martin (12) after hitting a home run during Florida's 22-3 win against Rhode Island on Saturday at McKethan Stadium.

With the deciding game of No. 6 Florida’s series against No. 8 Miami tied 1-1 in the bottom of the fourth, Harrison Bader stepped up to the plate.

After starting the season hitting .600 with three home runs and 14 RBIs, the junior outfielder had struggled in the Miami series, going a combined 1-for-8 up to that point with two strikeouts.

But in the fourth inning on Sunday and facing a full count, Bader laced a pitch from Miami starter Enrique Sosa into the left-field bleachers at McKethan Stadium to secure a 2-1 victory and the series.

"I found myself in a lot of two-strike counts," Bader said. "It’s kind of how the game goes sometimes. You can never lose that battling aspect at the plate. You’re not out until you get three strikes, so I was just trying to put a good swing on the ball, and I was lucky to get one out."

Dane Dunning earned his second win of the season, pitching five hitless innings and striking out four in his second career start for the Gators (6-1).

But it wasn’t smooth sailing early for the sophomore righty.

After retiring the first five batters he faced, Dunning proceeded to walk three consecutive batters in the top of the second to load the bases.

Miami (5-2) then opened scoring when George Iskenderian scored from third on a passed ball, giving the Hurricanes a 1-0 lead without recording a hit.

"I just started scattering balls and the game was speeding up on me a little bit," Dunning said. "I had to take my time and slow things down, and I got through it so that’s all that matters. It’s just a mental adjustment, that’s all."

Added coach Kevin O’Sullivan: "He battled through it, and I know this is going to sound odd — he gave up no hits over five innings — but trust me, I’ve seen him sharper in scrimmages. He’s got an electric arm and he’s only going to get better."

UM did not record a hit until the seventh inning when Brandon Lopez hit a two-out single to left field and recorded a series-low three hits in the loss.

UF’s bullpen provided Dunning with four scoreless innings of relief. The group of Danny Young, Shaun Anderson, Kirby Snead and Taylor Lewis gave up just three hits while recording three strikeouts and not allowing a free pass.

Lewis earned the save after retiring the final four batters in just 10 pitches.

"We’ve had some good closers here," O’Sullivan said, "and I think he’s falling in line."

Follow Jordan McPherson on Twitter @J_McPherson1126