<p>Chris Walker (middle) watches from the bench during Florida’s 74-58 win against South Carolina on Jan. 8 in the O’Connell Center. The NCAA has not cleared Walker to play for the Gators.</p>

Chris Walker (middle) watches from the bench during Florida’s 74-58 win against South Carolina on Jan. 8 in the O’Connell Center. The NCAA has not cleared Walker to play for the Gators.

Orlando’s WFTV sports anchor Christian Bruey reported Monday night via his Twitter account (@CBrueyWFTV) that freshman forward Chris Walker, who is awaiting an NCAA waiver to play, would be cleared following Florida’s matchup with Alabama on Thursday night.

But on Tuesday, coach Billy Donovan said that there have not been any signs from the NCAA that would point to Walker’s debut coming any time soon.

“As it relates to Chris, just listen to us and our school,” Donovan said.

“I’m not going to address it anymore. Certainly, we’re hopeful he gets back soon, but there’s been no indication that there’s any truth to that at all. Whenever he gets cleared, and certainly we all hope it’s soon, believe me, I’m not going to throw a guy in a game and have him pop up and you guys not be aware of it. The minute he gets eligible, cleared and he’s able to play, I’ll let you know.

“Anything else that’s out there about that is not true.”

Donovan added that he does not know all the details of the situation because the conversations are limited to Walker, the NCAA and the UF administration.

“The only thing I’ve been trying to do with Chris is each and every day trying to help him get better as a player, provide the resources he needs academically, (and) try to work with him on the court to get better,” Donovan said.

Follow Jonathan Czupryn on Twitter @jczupryn