<p>Eleanna Christinaki looks to drive to the basket while two Kentucky players defend her during Florida's 92-69 loss to the Wildcats in the SEC Tournament quarterfinals on March 4, 2016, in Jacksonville.</p>

Eleanna Christinaki looks to drive to the basket while two Kentucky players defend her during Florida's 92-69 loss to the Wildcats in the SEC Tournament quarterfinals on March 4, 2016, in Jacksonville.

The clock had finally struck zero. One team was left dazed by a furious fourth-quarter comeback.

However, for the first time all season, the Florida Gators women’s basketball team was on the receiving end.

It was an unusual slip-up. A team that had outscored opponents by 44 points in the fourth quarter through the first four games of the season fell victim to a 13-2 run, squandering a late lead for the first time this year on Friday against Northwestern.

“We usually kill every opponent in the fourth quarter,” freshman guard Sydney Searcy said on Tuesday.

No. 19 UF will have its first chance to respond tonight, when it takes on Wofford at the Patriot Gym in Ocala, Florida.

The Gators (4-1) will be looking to take advantage of a Terriers (3-2) squad that’s struggled on the road thus far. Averaging roughly 33 fewer points per game, both of the Wofford’s losses on the year have occurred away from its home arena.

Despite the disparity, though, Florida isn't taking the Terriers lightly.

“Wofford is a very well-coached team,” UF coach Amanda Butler said. “They can shoot the ball. … (And they bring) a lot of balance and they run a lot of sets.”

Averaging 72.2 points per game, the Terriers own the Southern Conference’s best offense, counteracting a scoring defense that allows a league-worst 74.8 points per game.

Paced by senior guard Kentra Washington (12.8 ppg), five players place among the conference’s top 30 scorers.

Wofford also leads the SoCon in field goal percentage (44.8 percent) and three-point percentage (43.8 percent), and will be looking to jump on a Florida team that’s in the midst of a 12-game season-opening road trip.

The Gators aren’t viewing that as an inconvenience, though.

Butler praised the way her team has met UF's challenging schedule. She sees it as an opportunity to toughen up, and her players have echoed the sentiment.

“It’s pretty hard to not have your court and not be around your people and your fans, but we’re used to it right now,” sophomore guard Eleanna Christinaki said.

“We adjust everywhere.”

And, travelling on five-days rest, the Gators are positive that they’ll avoid another late collapse.

“I’m not going to let that define who we are, who anybody is individually,” Searcy said.

“We’re ready to bounce back."

Contact Alejandro Lopez at alopez@alligator.org and follow him on Twitter @ajlb95.