<p>Senior Anna Danilina eked a first set victory, 7-5, but buried her opponent in the second set 6-0 take a first-round singles victory at the NCAA Individual Championships Wednesday. </p>

Senior Anna Danilina eked a first set victory, 7-5, but buried her opponent in the second set 6-0 take a first-round singles victory at the NCAA Individual Championships Wednesday. 

Senior Josie Kuhlman and freshman McCartney Kessler watched closely as the ball was hit back to them from Alabama’s side of the court.

It initially looked like it was going to land on the baseline, but as the ball approached closer, it sailed harmlessly out of bounds.

The duo the of Kuhlman and Kessler clinched the doubles point in the Gators’ 4-0 victory over the Crimson Tide at the Alabama Tennis Stadium on Thursday night. The win marked Florida’s fourth shutout in its last six matches and also increased UF’s all-time record against Alabama to 42-1.

The doubles point went smoothly for UF (11-5, 6-1 SEC), as the pair of senior Anna Danilina and freshman Victoria Emma defeated the Crimson Tide’s Alba Cortina-Pou and Ann Selim 6-1. Kuhlman and Kessler soon followed, beating Alabama’s Andie Daniell and Kylie Moulin by the same score of 6-1. The Gators have won five of their last six doubles points.

Up 1-0, Florida continued its strong play into singles action, running through the Crimson Tide (13-9, 0-6 SEC) mostly unchallenged. Danilina readily handled her opponent, Daniell, in a 6-2, 6-1 win. Kessler then defeated Selim 6-2, 6-0. Finally, with the score set at 3-0, Kubicz delivered the clincher for UF, winning 6-1, 6-4 and completing the Gators’ 4-0 shutout.

Florida will now face off against No. 15 Auburn on Saturday at 1 p.m to complete a four-match road trip.

Follow River Wells on Twitter @riverhwells and contact him at rwells@alligator.org.