<p>Kelsey Stewart swings during Florida’s 8-0 win against Indiana on Feb. 22, 2014 at Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium.&nbsp;</p>

Kelsey Stewart swings during Florida’s 8-0 win against Indiana on Feb. 22, 2014 at Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium. 

Kelsey Stewart is leading Florida in more ways than one.

The sophomore second baseman paces the Gators with seven stolen bases, 21 runs scored and 22 hits. Stewart is also tied with junior Lauren Haeger with a team-leading 18 RBIs.

Despite the high marks through Florida’s first 16 games, Stewart and No. 1 Florida are not letting their success get the best of them as they prepare for the start of the Diamond 9 Citrus Classic. Florida plays No. 4 Oregon today at 3:30 p.m. in the first of its five games in Orlando.

Florida will then play a doubleheader against Fordham and Ohio State on Saturday and conclude its time at the tournament with contests against Maryland and Radford on Sunday.

“This weekend’s going to be a good test for us,” coach Tim Walton said. “From here on out, everything is getting tougher as we go.”

The Gators (16-0) will be facing their toughest opponent of the season so far when they face the Ducks (14-1).

Six of Oregon’s players who have at have taken at least 30 at-bats this season boast a minimum batting average of .333.

Senior shortstop Courtney Ceo leads the Ducks with a .543 clip at the plate, which is the second-highest mark in the Pac-12.

“We’re just taking things one game at a time,” Stewart said. “So our record from last weekend doesn’t really matter to us. It’s this weekend. Our next game is Oregon, so we’re focused on that game.”

As Florida’s leadoff hitter, Stewart will try to build momentum for the team early, hoping to get on base with a quick hit and then steal a base to get into scoring position.

“It’s just me trying to get my team going, and if I don’t get it the first time, I have the second at-bat, the third at-bat,” Stewart said.

“So really it’s just confidence in my team being behind me the whole time.”

The Wichita, Kan., native, who classifies herself as a power slapper, has been working on improving her soft game and feels she has made strides since the start of the season.

“I got a couple chops down, so I was pretty proud of myself. I think it’s getting a lot better,” she said. “I need to step up my bunting. It’s not really working out for me right now, but besides that, I think I’m coming along good.”

Follow Jordan McPherson on Twitter @J_McPherson1126