For shop-a-holics who like to scour their local shopping mecca for the latest fashion trends, Gainesville has an excellent variety of small boutiques and shops that should satisfy anyone sick of trudging through The Oaks Mall.

Store 101 - 101 N. Main St

This boutique and art gallery incorporates a diverse collection of offbeat local artists' works.

When you walk into the store, you are surrounded by different art mediums, with everything from toys to jewelry.

The store sells one-of-a-kind purses, screen print T-shirts, custom necklaces and much more.

Store 101 will feature Kidrobot apparel soon as well as a line of limited edition dresses. Along with selling merchandise, the store functions as an art gallery with monthly shows featuring local artists.

The next show is titled "The Blue Period" and will take place on Aug. 29. Store 101 opened about three months ago, and prices range from $20 to $50, and handmade purses begin at $70.

Blush Boutique - 3832 W. Newberry Road

This boutique has a little something for everyone.

Owner Kristy Harwood has been in business in Gainesville for seven years.

While most of the items are geared toward college girls and their mothers, there is also a men's section.

Blush carries brands like Kensie, Three Dot, Guy Harvey and Free People.

The most popular items sold are the dresses and T-shirts.

And if you're looking for game-day wear that's a little classier than a UF Bookstore T-shirt, Blush carries tons of specialized Gators gear, including embroidered seersucker dresses, crystallized shirts, tops adorned with phrases like "Tail Gator" and orange and blue jewelry.

The price range is pretty wide depending on the item.

You can find gifts for as low as $2 while dresses range from $60 to $300.

The store also carries Vineyard Vines handbags for $15-$100.

Jacquelyn Brooks Designs - 1636 W. University Ave.

Somewhat new to Gainesville, Jacquelyn Brooks Designs has only been open for a year and a half.

Owner Jacquelyn Brooks designs dresses, jewelry and doggie apparel. Though she is most passionate about designing dresses, Brooks also does alterations and takes custom orders.

This boutique is perfect for one-of-a-kind clothing.

Beginning this fall, Brooks will premiere her new line, Game Day Dresses. Her orange and blue line will feature apparel that Brooks thinks is truly unique.

The dresses, ranging from $70 to $125, are for girls looking for more than just jeans or shorts to wear to a game.

Flashbacks Recycled Fashions - 509 NW 10th Ave.

If you're a thrift store junkie always in search of affordable treasures, this is the store for you.

Celebrating its 22nd year, Flashbacks has provided affordable clothing to Gainesville residents since 1986. Marketed toward young, college-aged customers, the consignment shop offers apparel to suit any style. Owner Steve Nichtberger said his store's low prices and wide selection draw people in.

Nichtberger said the store carries anything from punk and indie items to goth-style apparel.

A great bargain at the store is the $1 rack, which features anything that hasn't sold in few months. Prices depend on the brand, though most are under $30.

Wolfgang - 1127 W. University Ave.

Wolfgang brings high-end, brand name clothing, such as Marc by Marc Jacobs, Nudie Jeans and Diesel, to Gainesville.

While it does carry top-of-the-line brands, the store wants to cater to people on a college budget.

Wolfgang will cover the cost of alterations to clothes bought from the store.

Wolfgang is relatively small, which makes it more conducive to shopping for clothes. Prices range from $40 to $300 for dresses and $45 to $200 for jeans.

The store wants to bring unique styles to Gainesville and introduce people to new brands from around the world.