Catch a break from studying during finals week and get your funk (and reggae, and rock, and a little bit of dance) on with local groups that promise a good time.

The eclectic, multi-genre, co-ed band Melting Funk Pot headlines at The Atlantic on Dec. 12 with local groups Captain Lovely and Locochino.

Melting Funk Pot guitarist Benoit Ksstentini and the large collective of nine musicians will stay true to their name during the show, playing a mix of styles from funk to reggae with even a little bit of rap.

The band’s name is honest: In their early 20s to 40s, members come from all over the world, from France to Morocco.

Though eclectic, the band stays unified with matching outfits and tightly written songs. Those seemingly accidental slips into different genres mid-song are all just part of the act.

The members’ quick wit and overwhelming stage presence are sure to make the evening different from any other, especially due to the other bands’ distinct styles. Captain Lovely’s synth dance beats over a rock tone will complement Melting Funk Pot, while Locochino’s alt-rock riffs will give a powerful contrast.

With a mix of characters and an array of genres, Melting Funk Pot also plans to shy away from music alone. Ksstentini said a sense of humor and even some choreography are in store.

Be sure to catch this show as it promises to be a one-of-a-kind experience. Doors open at 9 p.m., and there is a $6 cover.