Harvin returns to practice, will play against Seminoles

A smiling Percy Harvin returned to practice for the first time in nearly two weeks Monday after recovering from a sinus infection and migraine headaches.

Harvin missed two games with the illness, which got so severe that he said he threw up 30 times in one day and started receiving intravenous fluids as a result.

"It was the worst time of my life," said Harvin, who should be back starting at wide receiver when UF hosts Florida State on Saturday. "I just had to cry myself to sleep some nights. It got that bad, to the point where my mom got scared. We're all just happy it's gone."

Harvin said he has suffered from migraines since he was 10 years old, but he never experienced anything like what hit him in the days leading up to the Nov. 10 game at South Carolina.

Harvin's mother, Linda, drove for an hour from Green Cove Springs to Gainesville on the day of the South Carolina game to be with her son.

"It just felt like your heart was beating in your head," Harvin said. "It's black. You can't see anything, and you just have to lay down and be in a dark room."

TEBOW FINALIST FOR AWARDS: For Tim Tebow, the road to New York City goes through Orlando.

UF's sophomore quarterback was named a finalist for the Maxwell and Davey O'Brien awards on Monday and will attend the Home Depot College Football Awards Show in Orlando on Dec. 6.

Shortly after the event, Tebow will likely fly to New York for the Heisman Trophy ceremony, which takes place two days later.

Tebow, Oregon quarterback Dennis Dixon and Arkansas running back Darren McFadden are the finalists for the Maxwell Award, presented, like the Heisman, to the nation's best all-around player.

Dixon and Missouri's Chase Daniel joined Tebow in making the final cut for the O'Brien Award, given to the nation's top quarterback.

NOTEWORTHY: Cornerback Joe Haden remains questionable for the FSU game with a sprained ankle. … Defensive tackle Lawrence Marsh is also questionable with a sprained toe. … UF coach Urban Meyer still refuses to refer to this week's opponent as "Florida State." Last year, he called it "the school out west." This year, it's "the rival."