Coming off its win against Georgia last Sunday, No. 15 UF has some time to rest before its next game.

The Gators (17-2, 3-1 Southeastern Conference) have a full week to prepare for Mississippi on Sunday.

It's the most time they've had between games since going home to see their families for about a week over winter break.

UF coach Amanda Butler knows her team must take advantage of times like this while it can.

"The bye weeks are crucial," Butler said during her weekly press conference Tuesday. "It gives you a chance to rest a little bit, the players to rest a little bit, the coaches an opportunity to recruit a little bit. More importantly, more practice time and an opportunity to really try and improve."

It seems obvious enough, but considering the team won't have another break like this for more than a month and will have a gauntlet of games coming up against teams like Tennessee, Vanderbilt and LSU, the Gators better enjoy life on the couch while they can.

LIFE WITHOUT MOSSOR: When Jennifer Mossor's ACL was torn two weeks ago and UF found out it would be without her for the remainder of the season, the Gators started scrambling.

The immediate effects showed in an 81-65 loss at Auburn, but now UF seems to have found ways to replace the junior guard.

Susan Yenser has started the last two games in Mossor's place, and Butler has also spread the minutes around to bench players like Lonnika Thompson and Trumae Lucas, a testament to the team's depth.

Starters like Sha Brooks, Marshae Dotson and Steffi Sorensen have also picked up the slack in the last couple games.

The trio scored 47 of the team's 61 points against Georgia.

"When you lose a key person like Jenn, it can take away from your confidence, and I just really commend our team for not allowing that to happen," Butler said.