Sunday, June 16, 2024

Another week and, sigh, another case of a ridiculous crime being committed on the mean streets of Gainesville.

After being turned down by an escort when inquiring about the cost of having sex, one local man pretended to be a police officer, even going as far as to wave a badge in the woman's face.

The would-be john flashed credentials similar to ones used by local law enforcement and informed the woman that more police were waiting on the street.

What ensued was an hour-and-a-half-long imprisonment that featured the "cop" asking the escort a series of questions about her line of work before he finally fell asleep.

Escorts around the area can now breath a deep sigh of relief, as this pathetic perpetrator currently calls Alachua County jail home.

The Editorial Board thinks that impersonating a police officer is nothing to kid around about.

The escort was put into a rather precarious situation, but fortunately walked away without suffering any physical harm.

While her line of work may not be the most wholesome way to earn a living, we applaud the woman for not giving into his demands and turning her charade into an illegal activity.

What we find most hilarious is the fact that the man engaged the escort in an "interview" of sorts to gather information about her profession.

Maybe he's just a big fan of "Frost/Nixon."