Sunday, June 16, 2024

Look around, boys and girls, you’re surrounded by hotties.

Yep, the frat guy wearing a 2007 fraternity-barbecue T-shirt with old stains and creases and that knockout, gym-infatuated sweetheart with a hair-tie attempting to control her frizzy mess of a beehive are some of the hottest in the country.

This is the cream of the crop, America. Take it or leave it.

We’re not kidding. TheDailyBeast.com did a “quasi-scientific” study that catalogued all 50 states plus Washington, D.C., which won the blue ribbon for pretty people, and analyzed how hot the people who live there are based on past Miss America winners, the number of models who live in the state and state-by-state fitness data.

Hawaii, California, Connecticut and our very own Florida, with its tank top-wearing, gym-rocking bodies, rounded off the top five hottest states. 

Maybe we at the Editorial Board are missing something, but are we really hotter than 46 states?

We’re as proud of our fellow foxy Floridians as much as the next sexy Gator, but some of us here have even been told we don’t belong in Gainesville because our ensembles are “too New York” or are “fit for L.A.”

We’re sure Gainesville Fashion Week will bring out the secret Alachua County hotties like a moth to a flame and remind us why Florida truly is one of the hottest places to live.

But until then, we’re relying on our sunkissed South Beach cuties to represent the Sunshine State.

And in the meantime, we won’t be planning a trip to North Dakota, whose entire population of 38 ranked as the ugliest state.

Sorry, Fargo.