Sunday, June 16, 2024

Leave poor Taylor Swift alone.

We’re tired of reading your Facebook statuses proclaiming how “Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time” a la Kanye West.

We don’t want to hear any more of your complaining about how Lady Gaga is the best thing to happen to music since Michael Jackson died (too soon?).

And we’re tired of reading endless comments about how the Grammys sucked more than a sour lemon.

If all of you were so pissed about Swift’s triumph over our Lady Gaga, (we also unabashedly adore her and her all-new twist to the phrase “camel toe”) stop watching and flip on Leno or Conan.

Oh, wait.

Whatever you think about the 20-year-old, “Love Story”-crooning country music crossover, let’s get a few things straight.

Swift’s album “Fearless” was the highest selling album of 2009. The Associated Press named Swift as 2009’s entertainer of the year. And the release of her latest album saw the largest opening U.S. sales week in 2008 by a female artist in any genre of music.

That’s a big deal, especially for a 20-year-old country singer.

And you’re bashing the girl who got dumped by one of the Jonas Brothers. Seriously?

We love “The Fame” and “The Fame Monster” as much as the next guy. In fact, “Bad Romance” might be on repeat on several of our playlists.

But the facts speak for themselves.

We’re sorry, Gaga, and we’re going to let you finish, but Taylor had one of the best albums of all time.