Living rooms across the nation will fill with laughter this week, now that Matthew Perry has returned to the small screen in “Go On.”

Perry plays Ryan King, a sportscaster who must attend grief counseling after losing his wife.

Based on this character description alone, you would assume the show is a tearful drama. However, a closer look at the other therapy patients reveals the show’s comedic undertones.

Other cast members include Tyler James Williams from “Everybody Hates Chris,” Julie White from the “Transformers” series, Peter Gelman from Adult Swim’s “Eagleheart,” John Cho from the “American Pie” and “Harold and Kumar” franchises and a number of other actors with hilarious roles on their resume.

The ensemble casting was a smart move for Perry’s return, considering it is a style he thrives in.

While the show does have its funny moments, I don’t see it thriving.

If it makes it through its first season, I would guarantee that it’s only because viewers are trickling over from “The Voice,” which airs just beforehand.

You can catch Perry in his new show “Go On” Tuesdays at 9 p.m. on NBC.