Students can watch an “America’s Got Talent” quarterfinalist Friday for free at 7 p.m.

Hosted at the UF Baptist Collegiate Ministries building across the street from Library West, the event will showcase UF student David Ferman.

He began his comedic juggling endeavors as a child and has since set the world record for most balls ever juggled. Ferman has appeared on “Good Morning America” and “Fox & Friends” as well as at Gator Growl 2013.

His most popular appearance, however, was on the eighth season of “America’s Got Talent,” which premiered in June 2013.

During his live performance, Ferman juggled fireballs while hanging upside down over a drum of gasoline.

He completed an “impressive” audition for the BCM Comedy Night about a month ago, said Jacob Williams, BCM president, a 21-year-old UF industrial engineering junior.

“He’s looking to perform some and keep his show fresh while taking classes,” Williams said. “We kind of lucked into him because he just happens to go to UF.”

Ferman is a 19-year-old UF accounting sophomore whose dream is to “get a show in Las Vegas at some point.”

His shows typically include a combination of comedy, juggling, stunts and audience participation.

“It’s a lot different than a normal stand-up show,” Ferman said.

BCM Comedy Night will also feature Up in the Rafters, an improv comedy group, which will perform before and after Ferman, according to ufbcm.org.

Ryan Kaufman, one of the Up in the Rafters members, said the group usually pulls a member out of the audience in each segment.

“We’re very interactive with the audience,” said the 21-year-old UF criminology junior. “If they’re having fun, we’re having fun.”

[A version of this story ran on page 3 on 2/6/2014 under the headline "UF student’s got talent, will perform"]