Alpha Kappa Delta Phi hosts breast cancer awareness activities

In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the sisters of alpha Kappa Delta Phi are hosting a week filled with events and activities to raise money for the Breast Cancer Crusade, sponsored by the Avon Foundation for Women. The activities started Monday and will last through Thursday.

Alpha Kappa Delta Phi kicked off the week at 10 a.m. Monday with their “Pie-a-KDPhi” event, in which students were able to pie a sister with a donation to the breast cancer organization.

The week continues with a poker tournament, a breast cancer forum and a community service event for the American Cancer Society’s Winn Dixie Hope Lodge.

On Thursday, they will present their Beat Cancer Charity Carnival, which will feature booths represented by organizations including Heal the World, Health Occupations Students of America, American Medical Student Association, Pharmacists Without Borders, Reitz Union Board Entertainment and Asian American Student Union.

The carnival, which begins at 7 p.m. at the Reitz Union North Terrace, will have games and prizes and tickets will be exchanged for donations.