UF’s new GatorLink login page should be easier for students to use. It is scheduled to go live at 6 a.m. March 3.

A GatorLink, more formally known as authentication, is an individual’s computer identity at UF, according to the UF Computing Help Desk. Every applicant, student, faculty and staff member is required to have a GatorLink account with a username and password.

“Students may not realize that there are more than 500 services on campus that require a GatorLink login,” said Tracy Gale, communications manager for UF Information Technology. “All of these services require that you are who you say you are.”

With the new login page, GatorLink services can utilize the same screen appearance and features whether people are logging on the Registrar’s office, Sakai or accessing software in a lab, Gale said.

The new login page will be easily accessible on smartphones, tablets and desktops because the coding is friendly to all types of devices and platforms, Gale said.

The main goal of this change is to make accessing UF’s service easier for students.

Bethany Curl, a 21-year-old UF journalism junior, said she hopes the new login page doesn’t leave her frustrated like the old one tends to do.

“The current login page is really difficult to access from my phone, so I’m interested in seeing how the new one works,” she said.