<p>Myers</p>

Myers

A man accused of pushing and choking a woman and not letting her and her child leave their home was arrested Wednesday.

On Tuesday morning, Cory Allen Myers, 38, of Archer, snuck into the woman’s bedroom and waited for her come out of the bathroom, according to an Alachua County Sheriff’s Office arrest report.

She crawled into bed with their child and Myers yelled at her, the report said. He blocked the door when said she wanted to leave. She wanted to call 911, but he grabbed her car keys and phone.

He stopped the woman and her child from leaving, the report said. He pushed her down, grabbed her by the throat and dragged her to the back door.

She eventually convinced Myers to let her go, the report said. When he realized she wanted to escape, he pushed her against the doorframe. She opened the door, fell and put her hands under the door. He slammed the door on her hands.

The woman’s injuries include scratches on her hands and bruises on her arms, the report said.

Myers was charged with domestic battery by strangulation, false imprisonment of an adult and child, possession of a controlled substance without a prescription and tampering in third-degree felony proceedings, the report said.

Myers remained in the Alachua County Jail Sunday in lieu of a $240,000 bond.

Myers