• December 18, 2014

The 10 best of Craigslist Gainesville: Part 2

Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 12:00 am | Updated: 1:37 am, Wed Apr 24, 2013.

For the Lolz is a humor blog. It's a sarcastic take on the world around us. Please read the posts in this section with a light heart and eager smile. All the examples below are ACTUALLY from gainesville.craigslist.org, though. 

It's that time of the year, where the seasons are changing and it's time to touch base with your surrounding community. Here are the 10 best ads currently on Craigslist: Gainesville!

10. "Night Club Partner Needed" - small biz ads Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Oh good, this is just what the north central Florida area needs for its lively city folk.

9. "looking for a good time" - activity partners

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wow, dogs on the Internet have the worst grammar.

8. "Bumper Stickers wanted" - artists

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thank you for entertaining me at traffic lights, greedy bumper sticker person. 

7. "tree climber service" - small biz ads

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

If you've been in an industry as unique as the "tree industry" for the past 26 years, I would hope that you would have found a passion for what you do by now. Also, David, if you're reading this right now there is someone on Craigslist looking for you!

6. "It's simple..." - women seeking men

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

First of all, how is meeting an anonymous person on the Internet any better than meeting someone you can at least see at a bar. Secondly, if you're on Craigslist then you're not looking for something serious. Thirdly, THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH BROWN EYES!!!

5. "pagan petry" - missed connections 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

For having only one good eye, you are quite the observer, Lieutenant Dan.

4. "seth? at university commons" - missed connections

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I have a feeling that this girl hooked up with more than one guy at the party. I could understand getting mixed up on whether someone's name was Sean or Seth, but Keith is no where near close to those.

3. "Amateur seeks Amateurs" - activity partners

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The first thing that comes to mind when I think about a "fancy pants" musician is a song with fantastic lyrics and great vocals, musically backed by, exclusively, xylophones.

2. "crossdresser seeks shopping pals" - strictly platonic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

For being a 25-year-old white bi cross dresser this person is pretty picky. Why are only white and Hispanic girls the only acceptable ones? I guess Asian girls just don't have the applicable fashion sense for a white cross dresser.

1. "Big/strong wizard staff wielder" - missed connections

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Gainesville is a beautiful city full of beautiful people.

See the original article here. 

The Lineup

Contact Blogs Editor Cara Chiaramonte at [email protected].

Monday

• Freshmen Ask, Seniors Answer: The Baby Gators' guide to their first year as a part of the Gator Nation. Submit questions at: bit.ly/1wplkli.
  • For Your Entertainment: Your source for all things entertainment three days a week, from music, film and television reviews to how to survive music festivals.
  • The Professional Gator: Advice on how to make it in the real world as a young professional.

Tuesday

• Gainesvillista: The latest in fashion for men and women, combined with beauty tips for looking your best.
  • When Life Gives You Lemons: Tips to guide you through the ups and downs in the journey of life. 

Wednesday

• Now That's Justice: A unique take on social issues of every kind — from women's rights to racial issues to LGBT affairs.

Thursday

• Swamp of Love: A look at relationships and dating in Gainesville and advice on how to deal.

Friday

• The Chomp: Restaurant reviews, food news and features written by the hungry blogger for the ravenous reader.
  • UFitness: The latest in fitness and wellness trends from tips on how to get through that detox to the newest fitness craze.