Generic Crime
Generic Crime
Nicholas John Jagodzinski

Nicholas John Jagodzinski

Nicholas John Jagodzinski, 19, was spotted picking up traffic cones by a University Police officer Wednesday night, according to a police report.

At about 10:30 p.m., near the intersection of Northwest 19th Street and Northwest First Avenue,

Jagodzinski picked up two orange cones belonging to Bob’s Barricades behind Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity and University Lutheran Church, according to the report.

After his arrest, Jagodzinski said he took the cones to impress people watching, police said.

Jagodzinski is a UF sophomore engineering major, UF spokesperson John Hines wrote in an email.

Each cone was worth about $20, according to the report. Jagodzinski faces a charge of petty theft. Jagodzinski was taken to the Alachua County Jail and later released after posting a $500 bail. He could not be reached for comment.

***

Juan Nicolas Pacheco

Juan Nicolas Pacheco

Juan Nicolas Pacheco, 20, was arrested after police responded to a call about someone being passed out on a bench Thursday morning.

At about 4 a.m. on the Northwest side of Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, Pacheco was found covered in vomit and smelling of alcohol, according to an arrest report. He told police he had been out drinking and gave officers his Florida driver’s license, according to the report.

While speaking to police, Pacheco took out his wallet and opened it, according to the report. Inside, police saw a Maryland driver’s licence in the front clear slot.

“It’s fake. It’s fake,” Pacheco told police, according to the report.

After his arrest, he told police he bought the license from ID God, according to the report.

Pacheco is a UF junior biomedical engineering major, UF spokesperson John Hines wrote in an email.

Pacheco was arrested on a charge of fraud for possession of a forged driver’s license. He was later released on his own recognizance. He could not be reached for comment.

Contact Robert Lewis at rlewis@alligator.org. Follow him on Twitter at @Lewis__Robert