<p><span id="docs-internal-guid-af09b68f-dba9-a3a5-4446-fa868d92443a"><span>Afternoon, a new Gainesville restaurant, will be opening Saturday. The new restaurant is located at 231 NW 10th Ave.</span></span></p>

Afternoon, a new Gainesville restaurant, will be opening Saturday. The new restaurant is located at 231 NW 10th Ave.

College students looking for their Sunday brunch fix now have a new option in Gainesville.

Afternoon, which specializes in American brunch and lunch, held a soft opening at 231 NW 10th Ave. on Sunday at 10 a.m. By 2 p.m. the restaurant closed because the food had run out. The store’s co-owner, Grace Glennon, said the counter-service restaurant serves student-friendly priced point dishes, ranging from $5 to $12, daily from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. except Wednesdays.

The restaurant, located near downtown Gainesville, will hold an official grand opening Saturday, Glennon said.

She created the all-day brunch restaurant after her friends told her there wasn’t an option like it in Gainesville, Glennon said.

“We asked what people in the area wanted and brunch and lunch on all days of the week was something they talked about,” she said.

Glennon said the restaurant has a large selection of tea and coffee, from house-made iced matcha lattes to hot, iced or cold-brew coffee. The coffee beans are sourced from Panther Coffee, a Miami-based specialty coffee roaster.

The produce used comes from Siembra Farms, Swallowtail and Frog Song Organics, which are local farms, according to the restaurant’s Facebook page. Glennon said each dish emphasizes vegetables.

Kyra Warren, a UF health education and behavior junior, eats out at restaurants like Keke’s Breakfast Cafe, located at 4062 Plaza Blvd., and said other Gainesville breakfast places can get crowded. She said she liked the idea of another option.

“You don’t have to wait in long lines to go early in the day,” the 19-year-old said.