<p>Clyde Davis, 24</p>

Clyde Davis, 24

Police arrested two Gainesville men Monday in relation to back-to-back drive-by shootings that occurred hours after the Fourth of July.

On July 5 at about 3 a.m., three drive-by shootings occurred between 2 a.m. and 3:45 a.m., leaving two residents injured and one in serious condition, said Gainesville Police spokesperson Officer Ben Tobias.

Johnathan Clyde Davis, 24, was arrested at about 7 p.m. Monday as the suspected shooter in the second drive-by shooting, which occurred at 300 NE 11th St., Tobias said. Tarayvious T. Washington, 20, was arrested Monday after being identified as the suspected driver in the same shooting.

At about 3:12 a.m. July 5, Washington and Davis pulled into the Circle K gas station, located at 20 NE Waldo Road, and began arguing with four people standing outside a parked white Buick Verano, according to a GPD arrest report.

At about the same time those four people drove away, two others — in a white vehicle that looked similar to the Buick Verano — pulled into the station, according to the report.

When the two drove away, Washington and Davis followed them to a stop at the intersection of Northeast 11th Street and Northeast Third Avenue. According to the report, Davis got out of the car and shot nine bullets into the car’s passenger side, striking one of the individuals in the neck.

Washington told police he thought he was following the four individuals he argued with earlier at the gas station, and that was who he thought Davis was shooting at, according to the report.

Police are still searching for a person of interest, an individual they believe was either at the scene of the shootings or has important knowledge on what happened.

Tobias said the vehicle that Washington drove — a white Buick Park Avenue — was located by police and found to be registered under Davis’ wife.

As of press time, both remain in the Alachua County Jail.

Davis is being held on no bond and faces two charges of premeditated homicide, shooting into an occupied vehicle and possessing a weapon as a convicted felon. Washington is being held on a $1 million bond and also faces two charges of premeditated homicide and shooting into an occupied vehicle.

Clyde Davis, 24

Tarayvious T. Washington, 20