In search of the “love of his life,” 21-year-old Nico Tackfield logs onto Tinder about four nights a week.

And as of Tuesday, Tackfield and other users of the matchmaking app can choose to add soundtracks to their online singles’ profiles, giving prospective matches some insight into their musical tastes.

Tinder announced Tuesday a new update that will allow users to sync their Spotify accounts to their Tinder profiles, enabling them to display their favorite music.

With the update, they will be able to choose artists and singular “anthems” to appear on their profiles.

Tackfield said if he had an anthem, it would be “Guru” by Coast Modern.

He said the electronic-reggae song captures his laid-back attitude and affinity for the beach.

“I’m all about the good vibes,” the UF civil engineering senior said.

To activate the new feature, users must visit their profile settings on Tinder to connect their two accounts and then select what artists and anthems they would like to display on their profiles.

To Haylee Hammond, a 19-year-old UF microbiology sophomore who uses Tinder, the move makes perfect sense.

She said musical preferences hint at people’s personalities and would make finding matches easier.

“I think music is something that a lot of people can relate to,” she said. “I think that if you like similar artists or genres it can be a bonding point between people.”

Would you swipe right on us?

We picked our favorite songs to see if our readers would swipe right solely based on our music choices.

Emily Cochrane, editor-in-chief — “Two Rocking Chairs” by Jon Bellion

Aaron Albright, online managing editor — “I am a God” by Kanye West

Caitlin Ostroff, freelance editor — “Piano Man” by Billy Joel

Paige Fry, staff writer — “Diane Young” by Vampire Weekend

Ian Cohen, sports editor — “Turn It Off” from “The Book of Mormon”

Patrick Pinak, assistant sports editor — “I’ll Make a Man Out of You” from “Mulan”

Mary-Lou Watkinson, copy desk chief — “Modern Soul” by James Blake

Katelyn Newberg, staff writer — “Colors” by Halsey

(0) comments

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language. Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated. Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything. Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person. Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts. Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.