$16 million Infinity Hall set to open for students in Fall

The construction of UF’s newest residence hall is almost complete. 

A large, five-story red brick building and glass windows are now visible on the construction site of UF’s newest residence hall, Infinity Hall, located in UF’s Innovation Square.    

“UF Department of Housing and Residence Education staff and Inter-Residence Hall Association (IRHA) student leaders are excited about this new facility in the Innovation Square area of Gainesville and the university’s partnership with Signet Enterprises,” Sharon Blansett, assistant to the associate vice president for Student Affairs, wrote in an email.     

Signet Development, in charge of the development of Infinity Hall, and construction firm Brasfield & Gorrie began work on the $15.9 million residence hall in 2014. 

“I think it’s always good to have newer housing on campus,” said Samantha Patten, a 17-year-old marketing freshman. “Housing at UF is kind of older which I think makes the campus looks (sic) more beautiful, but it is also kind of getting outdated.”

Infinity Hall will have a capacity of 308 residents, which includes 8 single rooms, 16 single-suite rooms, 48 double suite rooms, and 20 four-person-suite rooms. The hall will be 90,000 square feet in total. 

Single rooms will cost $3,947, double rooms cost $3,729, and super suites cost $3,839 per semester. 

According to Brasfield & Gorrie’s website, Infinity Hall will be the nation’s first entrepreneurial-based academic residential community. The building will support UF’s entrepreneurship programs, a resident apartment and a maintenance shop. The project will provide four floors of residence suites, team meeting rooms and an entertainment room. 

Infinity Hall will open in full capacity at the same time as all UF residence halls in August 2015.