Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Lloren Foster removed as executive director of Multicultural and Diversity Affairs

Lloren Foster was removed as UF’s executive director of Multicultural and Diversity Affairs earlier this month.

As of Sept. 15, Foster’s contract to continue as director was not renewed, UF spokeswoman Janine Sikes said. As director, Foster, who began in August 2015, was paid $80,000.

“Essentially, the university and Dr. Foster had different expectations for the position he held,” Sikes said.

Vice President for Student Affairs Dave Parrott and assistant Vice President for Student Affairs Mary Kay Carodine will select an interim director, Sikes wrote in an email.

“This decision will be made in a timely manner; meanwhile, the Multicultural and Diversity Affairs staff will continue to carry out its mission,” Sikes wrote in an email.

According to Foster’s biography on the UF Multicultural and Diversity Affair’s website, his past jobs include being an assistant professor of African American Studies at Western Kentucky University and an assistant professor of English at Hampton University.

Sikes said UF will likely begin searching for a new director in Spring, and the director will start in Summer. She said Foster is still eligible to work at UF.

“(Foster) is talented and has many skills, and we wish him all the best in his teaching endeavors,” Sikes said.