The state continued to build its case against Pedro Bravo, using receipts, security footage and police testimony to construct a timeline of Bravo’s activities leading up to Aguilar’s disappearance and immediately following it.

Bravo enrolled and was accepted to Santa Fe College on July 4, 2012, said Michael Huntly, registrar for Santa Fe.

At his June graduation, Bravo’s ex-girlfriend Erika Friman said his plan was to attend Florida International University on a biomedical engineering scholarship. 

Records show Bravo had already obtained his Associate’s degree with a dual-degree program at Miami Dade College. Huntly said Bravo was not a “degree-seeking student,” meaning that he was most likely planning on earning credits to transfer to a university.

Bravo was signed up for the Fall semester of 2012, where he took fundamentals of art and introduction to chemistry.

The jury watched security footage showing Bravo at Wal-mart on Sept 16, where receipts and video show he bought an 88 cent ankle wrap and got $80 cash back at 7:32 p.m.

Pamela Hubbart, in the asset protection division of the Wal-Mart on Southwest Archer Road, explained to the jury the location of all the cameras, including one at the entrance they call the “jam cam.”

Security footage from Lowe’s, provided by loss prevention manager Alicia Sanders, showed Bravo purchasing a shovel and two bottles of Gatorade — one orange and one fruit punch —  at 7:50 that same night.

Bravo was back at Wal-Mart 8:06 p.m., holding the shovel and purchasing a gerber knife, duct tape and two brands of sleeping pills — ZZZQuil and Equate Acetaminophen PM.

Receipts found in Bravo’s room show that he used cash for both transactions.

When Bravo and Aguilar met on Sept. 20, Best Buy footage and a receipt showed that Christian used a reward card when he purchased the Kanye West CD. The jury viewed both pieces of evidence.

The next confirmed location of Bravo’s car was the parking lot of the former Wal-Mart on Northwest 13th Street.

Security footage obtained and analyzed by Gainesville Police Detective Martin Honeycutt showed Bravo’s blue Chevrolet Blazer SUV arriving at around 4 p.m.

The car settled in a parking spot, where it remained for two hours and 37 minutes, time stamped footage showed. The doors never opened.

Officer Juan Decastro, GPD detective, discussed footage he had received and watched from Spyglass Apartments, where Bravo lived.

The right front hubcap of Bravo’s car is black, unlike the three other silver hubcaps, because Bravo was in a minor car accident a few weeks earlier.

Decastro used this information to ID an SUV similar to Bravo’s, which first left Spyglass at 1:08 p.m. on Sept. 20, 2012.

An SUV matching Bravo’s didn’t return until 7:32 p.m. that night. It promptly left precisely 15 minutes later.

The SUV returned again at 1:12 a.m. on Sept. 12, Decastro showed, but again promptly exited 13 minutes later.

A receipt officers found in Bravo’s car showed he went to the McDonald’s on Archer Road at 1:55 a.m. He purchased a Big Mac value meal and a Dr. Pepper.

The car re-entered at 2:53 a.m. and stayed until 8:13 a.m., when it left though Spyglass’ south gate.

The SUV once more returned at 8:55 a.m. and exited at 9:07 a.m.

Later that morning, Bravo and Friman went to the police station to report Aguilar missing.

While Bravo talked to police about Aguilar’s disappearance, he agreed to let his car be searched.

Marc Trahan, a GPD crime scene investigator, was the second to search Bravo’s car, which was parked in the UF police department parking lot.

The jury saw pictures of every step of Trahan’s investigation of Bravo’s car.

Detectives used ultraviolet light to scan the backseat of the car, which makes some bodily fluids fluoresce. The left rear carpet of the car showed evidence of bodily fluid remnants, possibly blood, Trahan testified.

A paint can in the back floorboard also had red stains on the bottom. Trahan swabbed the stains, and they field-tested positive for blood.

More bloodstains were found on two shoe inserts found in the left wheel well compartment of Bravo’s car.

Wrappers for Duck Tape brand duct tape were found in the car as well, which match the brand Bravo bought from Wal-Mart.

The testimony of UF police officer Tim Peck, who first interviewed Bravo, will continue tomorrow.