Generic Crime
Generic Crime

Gainesville Police arrested a Gainesville man early Wednesday morning after they said he entered a woman’s apartment and sucked on her hands as she slept.

At about 4:40 a.m. Wednesday, Mike Wayne Harrell, 64, walked in through the woman’s unlocked front door and found her asleep on the couch, according to a police report.

Harrell climbed on the sleeping woman and began to suck on her hands, according to the report.

When his licking woke the woman up, Harrell then began to touch her breasts through her shirt, according to the report.

The woman struggled to get Harrell off, and she called for help. The woman’s boyfriend was sleeping in another room and began to fight with Harrell. The intruder then escaped the apartment, according to the report.

The woman’s boyfriend chased him before calling police, according to the report.

Harrell later told police he wanted to find a woman and have sex, according to the report.

“I was sucking on her hands,” he said, according to the report.

Gainesville Police spokesman officer Ben Tobias said this case should be a reminder for residents to lock their doors.

Police arrested Harrell on a charge of burglary with assault or battery.

Authorities took him to the Alachua County Jail, where he remains, as of press time, in lieu of a $25,000 bond.