Gainesville Police arrested a local man after he threatened his roommate in a fight over a roll of toilet paper.

Officers arrested 60-year-old Isaiah Carl Bryant on charges of aggravated assault, according to an arrest report.

At about 9 p.m., Bryant and his roommate started arguing about the toilet paper at their house in the 2000 block of Northeast Seventh Avenue. Bryant grabbed a nearby metal bat, threatening to “bust” his roommate’s “brains out,” according to the report.

Bryant got ready to swing the bat, and his roommate ran out of the house, according to the report. Another roommate said he heard Bryant threaten to hit the victim on the head. The witness also told officers he heard the sound of a metal bat hitting the ground.

During questioning, Bryant said he didn’t make any threats or bring out a bat, according to the report. But he did admit the argument was over toilet paper and said he owned the bat in question.

Officers booked Bryant into the Alachua County Jail at about 10 p.m. Saturday, where he remained as of press time in lieu of a $15,000 bond.

[A version of this story ran on page 3 on 4/14/2014 under the headline "Man arrested for assault after argument about toilet paper"]

(1) entry

DavidB4

Another great reason why people should add Hand Bidet Sprayers to their toilets = they won’t end up in jail. With these you don't really need toilet paper anymore just a small towel to dry off and everyone will be cleaner and save allot of money every year on toilet paper and no more arguments! See www.bathroomsprayers.com.

Sign the guestbook.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.