<p>HeFor She President Lillian Rozsa (left), a 19-year-old UF political science and women's studies sophomore, and secretary Whitney Hall, a 19-year-old UF biology sophomore, lead the “Dress Does Not Mean Yes” walk from the Plaza of the Americas to Turlington Plaza on Oct. 8, 2015. Hall said the march was to express solidarity with sexual assault victims and determination to end rape culture.</p>

HeFor She President Lillian Rozsa (left), a 19-year-old UF political science and women's studies sophomore, and secretary Whitney Hall, a 19-year-old UF biology sophomore, lead the “Dress Does Not Mean Yes” walk from the Plaza of the Americas to Turlington Plaza on Oct. 8, 2015. Hall said the march was to express solidarity with sexual assault victims and determination to end rape culture.

UF industrial and systems engineering sophomore Andres Esteller chanted: "Consent is hot. Assault is not."

Esteller and about 25 other students marched back and forth from the Plaza of the Americas to Turlington Plaza on Thursday morning for the event "Dress Does Not Mean Yes." The group was supporting Sexual Assault Awareness Month and HeForShe UF, a gender-equality organization.

Esteller, 20, said he protested because he thinks sexual assaults shouldn’t happen, especially at UF.

"Female friends I had always (had) some story about how they were groped at some party, how they were groped at some bar, how they’re treated differently; diminished because of their gender," he said.

UF biochemistry freshman Tiffany Nelson said she wanted to educate people on the prevalence of sexual assault.

"Being a woman, I feel like no one should ever experience it," the 18-year-old said. "And I just want to be able to stand with them."

HeForShe UF president and founder Lillian Rozsa said she was satisfied with the march’s outcome.

"I think everyone really paid attention as we were walking," the 19-year-old said.

UF economics and microbiology junior Manny Rutinel marched with a sign that read, "But first lemme get consent."

The 20-year-old said men need to know about and be aware of sexual violence because they are often the perpetrators.

"We should be at the forefront of teaching our fellow men members about this issue," Rutinel said.

Students supported Sexual Assault Awareness Month with a “Dress Does Not Mean Yes” march with signs that protested gender inequality on Turlington Plaza Oct. 8, 2015. HeForShe UF, a gender-equality organization, hosted the event and led the walk.

David Rodriguez, a 23-year-old UF biology senior, raises awareness for UF’s sexual assault week by hoisting a sign reading "men of quality respect gender equality" on Oct. 8, 2015. There were more than 25 people participating at the “Dress Does Not Mean Yes” walk.

Andres Estellar (center), a 20-year-old UF industrial systems engineering sophomore, protests with his sign reading "consent is hot assault is not" sign during the Dress Does Not Mean Yes March on the Plaza of the Americas on Oct. 8, 2015. "As a community, we should all respect each other's views and bodies instead of violating a person's sense of dignity," he said. "It's time to raise awareness - rape is never okay."