A Gainesville man shot six people and then killed himself in an east Gainesville shooting spree on Monday.

One victim was killed and the other five were in surgery as of Monday night, police said in a press conference.

The suspect is Clifford L. Miller Jr., 24, who was found with a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head in a red Chevrolet truck at 2306 SE 46th Terrace.

Police were flooded with 911 calls between 4:03 p.m. and 4:16 p.m. as Miller Jr. rampaged through east Gainesville. The shootings took place at six separate locations within a three-mile radius.

Police said they do not yet know the relationship between the victims and the suspect. Neighbors and witnesses said they believed Miller was specifically targeting at least some of the victims.

One of the houses where a body was found, 914 SE 10th Ave., is the residence of the suspect's father, Clifford L. Miller Sr., 52. Family and neighbors said the suspect killed his father, but police would not yet confirm the victim's name.

All of the victims were adult males, and their injuries ranged from "minor to very serious," according to Lt. Steve Maynard of the Alachua County Sheriff's Office.

Police said they do not yet have a motive for the shooting.