Gainesville Police arrested a Miami man Tuesday after police said he stomped on prescription pills that fell from his pant legs.

According to the arrest report, Officer Bryan Jones pulled up behind a black Chevy car parked on Interstate 75 with its hazard lights blinking.

While shining floodlights into the car, Jones saw the driver crawl into the back seat and the rest of the passengers shuffling around, according to the report.

David Hicks, 40, climbed out of the car through the passenger side and walked to the patrol car, according to the report.

While Jones spoke to Hicks, Jones noticed large amounts of prescription pills falling from the bottom of Hicks’ pant legs. Hicks then stepped on the pills and smashed them into the concrete, according to the report.

After Jones physically restrained him, the remaining pills were identified as Oxycodone, Hydromorphone and Xanax.

Hicks was arrested at about 5 p.m. and booked into the Alachua County Jail on charges of tampering with evidence, drug trafficking and possession. He remained there as of press time with bond set at $120,000.

Contact Alexa Volland at avolland@alligator.org.