New information was released today in the shootings that left two dead and five injured in east Gainesville on Monday afternoon.

In a press conference this morning, police released the victims names and health conditions. The suspect's father, Clifford Lewis Miller Sr., 52, died; Anthony Mitchell, 44, and Lloyd Dunn, 67, were in fair condition as of Tuesday morning. The other three victims, Vincent Sallet, 43; Paul Anthony Sr., 43; and Cedric Joiner, 36, are in critical condition as of Tuesday morning.

The shooter, Clifford Miller Jr., 24, drove around in a red Chevrolet truck and fired on the victims with a .38 caliber revolver. He then died after shooting himself in the head at a residence on SE 46th Terrace.

Cpl. Tscharna Senn, Gainesville Police spokeswoman, said he had to stop and reload at some point but would not speculate on whether the crimes were pre-meditated. She said that the relationship between the suspect and the victims is not yet clear.

In 2005, Miller was arrested for cocaine possession. In August 2006 and again in April 2008 he was arrested for violating probation.

In April 2009, he was arrested for a DUI when he refused to sign the citation. He was arrested twice in November for failing to appear in court. In March he was found mentally unable to stand trial.

Tags

(0) comments

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language. Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated. Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything. Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person. Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts. Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.