"Hairspray" movie star Nikki Blonsky showed Gainesville she really has  talent Tuesday night.

Blonsky sang at Gainesville’s Really Got Talent Show at Buchholz High School, which raised money for PALS, Partners in Adolescent Lifestyle Support.

PALS conducts esteem-enhancing workshops to prevent violence and provides free mental health services to teenagers.

Twenty-six local middle and high students danced, acted and sung in front of an audience of about 150 and five judges, one of whom was Blonsky.

The panel of judges counted for 50 percent of the vote, while the audience cast ballots to take up the other 50 percent.

“I am looking for self-satisfaction in their performances,” Blonsky said.

The winner won an opportunity to meet  Blonsky, backstage passes to see Jesse McCartney in Orlando and the opportunity to meet with UF professors to discuss college performing arts applications. The second- and third-place winners won cash prizes and a trophy.

Blonsky performed songs from  "Hairspray," including “Good Morning Baltimore” and “You Can’t Stop the Beat” with dancers from IndepenDance company.

Blonsky was 17 years old when she filmed "Hairspray" and said it was one of the best experiences she has had.

“I would much rather kiss Tim Tebow to be able to judge and compare my kiss with Zac Efron,” Blonsky joked in an interview when asked how her kiss was with co-star Zac Efron.

“I absolutely adore the PALS program,” Blonsky said. “I wish they had been in my high school.”

The winners and amount of money raised for PALS were not available at press time.