In honor of Earth Day, the Santa Fe College Teaching Zoo welcomes visitors to explore the zoo and learn about wildlife Saturday and Sunday.

Party for the Planet will celebrate wildlife from all over the planet and highlight conservation efforts, said zoo conservation education specialist Tarah Jacobs.

People can learn about the different species of animals at the zoo along with tips for consumers to raise conservation efforts.

Party favors will be given out, as well as coloring sheets and animal masks for children to craft.

Stacy Herbert, a zookeeper, will be helping at the event.

The 24-year-old SFC zoo animal technology student said she will be talking to guests and answering any questions they may have regarding animals and conservation awareness.

“A lot of people don’t even realize the issues that are going on and some of the challenges that we’re facing,” she said.

The party will be going on all weekend from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Zoo admission is $5 for adults and $4 for children and seniors. Admission is free for children ages 3 and under and SFC students and staff with proper identification.

“Every day at the zoo is fun, but this day is going to be extra fun,” Jacobs said.