In the two and a half years since Midnight Cookies opened inside California Chicken Grill, the company’s operation has grown, but the kitchen has remained the same.

The lack of space prompted owners Jonathan and Jennifer MacAllister to look for a new place.

After two years of searching, the couple announced they would move the late-night cookie establishment to its own stand-alone store. The new store, located at 3345 SW 34th St., Suite 1, will be opened by April, said Jonathan MacAllister.

He said the relocation will give his company a larger kitchen, increase menu options and expand delivery services to two additional apartment complexes. In addition, he said, the store will extend its hours during the day.

“We’re trying to have a coffee house feel,” he said.

During Spring Break, the store closed to allow MacAllister and his team to prepare for the move.

MacAllister said although a date for the grand opening hasn’t been set, the move won’t affect current business or delivery services.

April Burnett, a store manager, said she’s excited for the move because it will give the store a chance to reach out to more customers.

“It’s going to do good for the company,” she said. “It’s going to take off.”