Sunday, June 16, 2024

The actions of Mr. Sautin and Mr. Gundavda are truly comical. Monday’s Alligator chose to speak of the 24 “independent” candidates running in the upcoming SG elections.

Let me shed light on what actually occurred. You messed up, Student Alliance. It’s plain and simple. Your reasons to be “independents” are directly linked to your failure to file necessary paperwork. There was no scheme or political agenda.

These “independents” are the mere product of past Orange and Blue/Student Alliance senators who have no choice but to be non-affiliated.

I applaud your attempt at a cover up, but did you honestly think it would go unnoticed? 

I actually feel sorry for the candidates who intended to run as Student Alliance senators and are now being forced to run with this so-called “Independent Coalition of Students” for a mistake made by the leaders of the Student Alliance Party. 

As a student of this university, here is my big question: what faith can I have that you are able to represent the Student Body?  How can you file a motion when you cannot file your party?