<p>Nine players are facing a combined 62 possible third-degree felony charges, per UPD.</p>

Nine players are facing a combined 62 possible third-degree felony charges, per UPD.

UF freshman receiver James Robinson and freshman linebacker Ventrell Miller were cited on a complaint of marijuana possession in an on-campus dorm room early Monday morning.

According to a police report, a residential assistant was outside of the Keys Residential Complex at around 12:30 a.m. when he smelled “burnt cannabis emanating in the air.”

The residential assistant then contacted University Police, which arrived on scene and entered one of the dorm’s rooms, according to the report. Upon walking into the room, officers found “a cloud of smoke and a styrofoam cup” that appeared to have been used as an ashtray, according to the report.

Both Robinson and Miller were inside the room, according to the report.

Officers discovered two small bags of what appeared to be marijuana inside of a drawer. Robinson and Miller said they each owned one of the bags, according to the report.

The bag Robinson said was his contained 2.1 grams of a “green leafy substance,” while the bag Miller said was his contained 0.2 grams of a “green leafy substance,” according to the report.

Both bags later tested positive for marijuana. Robinson and Miller were both issued a notice to appear in court but were not arrested, according to the report.

"Coach (Jim McElwain) is aware and it has been dealt with," a UF spokesperson said.

Robinson was seen at Tuesday and Wednesday practices in segments open to reporters. This is Robinson’s second marijuana citation in the last eight months. He received a similar citation in January while on a recruiting trip to Ohio State University.

This isn’t Miller’s first off-the-field issue either. He is suspended for the Gators' season opener against Michigan Sept. 2 along with six others players for reportedly misusing school-issued funds.

You can follow Dylan Dixon at @dylanrdixon, or contact him at ddixon@alligator.org.

Courtesy of espn.com/college-sports

Courtesy of FloridaGators.com