After sweeping its season-opening series against Florida Gulf Coast, the Florida baseball team had little time before switching its attention to its next opponent, Eastern Michigan.

After one day off, the Gators will face off against the Eagles tonight at 7 in the first of a two-game series against EMU. Tonight’s game will be played at McKethan Stadium before both teams head off to Lakeland to play the second game.   

UF (3-0) relied on its freshmen during its opening series against FGCU. Second baseman Deacon Liput led the Gators while going 5-for-9 — a .556 batting average — at the plate with seven RBIs and three extra base hits, two doubles and one triple.

Brady Singer started his career off with a bang as he struck out the first two batters he faced en route to pitching three innings in relief of A.J. Puk. In doing so, the freshman earned his first career win in the Gators’ 8-4 victory on Saturday.

And after picking up Florida’s first save of the season on Friday night, junior Dane Dunning will draw the spot-start against the Eagles (3-1). The right-hander made 14 starts last season, tied for second most, and went 5-2 with a 4.03 ERA.

Contact Luis Torres at [email protected] and follow him on Twitter @LFTorresIII.

(0) comments

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.