Redshirt freshman outfielder Cory Reid will transfer from Florida, a UF spokesman confirmed Wednesday.

Reid said he is transferring to another program for a chance to play in the everyday lineup. Reid said he will attend the State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota.

Reid played 32 games in 2013, including 11 starts in right field. In 40 plate appearances, he batted .275 and knocked in four RBIs. However, he only saw time in 10 Southeastern Conference games, going 1 for 5 in conference play.

His most notable game was on May 6 against Florida A&M. Reid scored a career-high two runs while singling in an RBI and stealing his only base of the season.

Reid had a promising start to his freshman campaign, going 3 for 4 against Duke to begin the season, but only had two hits in his next 10 at-bats .

Contact Chuck Kingsbury at [email protected].

(0) comments

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language. Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated. Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything. Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person. Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts. Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.