<p>UF coach Mike White calls out instructions during Florida's 88-79 loss to Kentucky on March 1, 2016, in the O'Connell Center.</p>

UF coach Mike White calls out instructions during Florida's 88-79 loss to Kentucky on March 1, 2016, in the O'Connell Center.

The Florida basketball team will play 12 Southeastern Conference games on national TV this season.

The games will include home matchups against Tennessee, Georgia, Vanderbilt and Kentucky and a February road match against the Wildcats on CBS.

Florida’s 12 nationally televised games rank second in the Southeastern Conference for 2016 — Kentucky leads the conference with 16.

Florida’s schedule also includes a tournament at Madison Square Garden on Dec. 6 where the Gators will face a field that includes Duke, Arizona State and Purdue.

UF went 21-15 last season, losing in the quarterfinals of the National Invitation Tournament after failing to reach the NCAA Tournament under first-year coach Mike White.

UF returns four members from its starting lineup from last season, including junior center John Egbunu, guard Chris Chiozza and sophomore guard KeVaughn Allen.

Allen was second on the team in scoring last season at 11.6 points per game.

The Gators open their season against Florida Gulf Coast on Nov. 11.

Contact Ian Cohen at icohen@alligator.org and follow him on Twitter @icohen.