Vernon Hargreaves III and Jon Bullard named AP All-Americans

<p>Vernon Hargreaves III returns an interception 36 yards during Florida's 38-10 win against Ole Miss on Oct. 3, 2015, at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.</p>

Vernon Hargreaves III returns an interception 36 yards during Florida's 38-10 win against Ole Miss on Oct. 3, 2015, at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.

Two players on Florida’s defense have been named AP All-Americans.

Defensive back Vernon Hargreaves III was named to the First-Team, while defensive lineman Jon Bullard was named a Third-Team All-American.

Hargreaves has landed on the AP All-American teams since his freshman season. In 2013 he was on the Third-Team and he was named to the Second-Team last season.

Hargreaves has played in 12 games this year, recording 31 tackles and is tied for the team lead with four interceptions while adding four pass breakups.

Hargreaves — a junior — indicated after the Gators’ 29-15 loss in the Southeastern Conference Championship Game against Alabama that he intends to enter the NFL Draft.

Bullard landed on the Third-Team after having a massive senior season. The Shelby, North Carolina, native has anchored a defensive line that is second in the SEC with 40 sacks. Bullard has 6.5 sacks of his own and leads Florida with 17.5 tackles for loss — tied for 14th in the nation.

Both Hargreaves and Bullard will look to lead the Gators’ defense when they take on the Michigan Wolverines in the Citrus Bowl on Jan. 1 at 1 p.m.

Follow Luis Torres on Twitter @LFTorresIII