Florida wide receiver Frankie Hammond Jr. was arrested on campus early Sunday and charged with DUI and underage possession of alcohol after his beige Mercury sedan was stopped for speeding.

Shortly after 2 a.m., University Police Department officer Samuel Delucca clocked Hammond's vehicle going about 45 miles per hour while headed south on Gale Lemerand Drive, where the speed limit is 20 mph.

Along with speeding, Delucca said he noticed Hammond's vehicle swerving down the road.

After Delucca stopped the sedan at the commuter lot on Gale Lemerand Drive, he said Hammond's eyes were "glassy and bloodshot," according to the police report, and his speech was "slurred and he appeared to be uncoordinated."

The report said Delucca sensed alcohol on Hammond's breath and asked him to step out of the vehicle where Delucca administered field sobriety tests.

Hammond failed the sobriety tests and was subsequently arrested for DUI.

Police found two open 750-ml bottles of Crown Royal whiskey in Hammond's vehicle - one in the back seat and the other in the trunk.

According to the report provided by UPD, one bottle was about one quarter full and the other was less than a quarter full.

Hammond, 20, was arrested and taken to the UPD police station where another officer collected breath samples with Hammond's consent.

According to the report, Hammond blew a .188 and a .191, making his blood-alcohol content more than twice the legal limit of .08.

According to team spokesman Steve McClain, Hammond, who will be a redshirt sophomore in the fall, has been suspended from all team activities.

After catching just four passes for 57 yards and a touchdown last season, Hammond was expected to play a larger role in the Gators' revamped receiving corps headed into the 2010 season.

The arrest is at least the 28th for a UF football player during coach Urban Meyer's tenure at Florida.

Updated 12:15 a.m., June 15.