<p>Junior Hannah Rogers pitches during Florida’s 3-2 victory against Auburn on April 13 at Pressly Stadium. Rogers had her no-hitter reversed in a 4-1 win against Drake on Saturday. The right-hander finished the game with a one-hitter.&nbsp;</p>

Junior Hannah Rogers pitches during Florida’s 3-2 victory against Auburn on April 13 at Pressly Stadium. Rogers had her no-hitter reversed in a 4-1 win against Drake on Saturday. The right-hander finished the game with a one-hitter. 

The Gators opened their season in Tempe, Ariz., at the Kajikawa Classic on Friday, but Florida’s offense was in midseason form.

No. 14 Florida (2-0) opened the season against Creighton (3-1) Friday afternoon with a 13-3 run-rule victory.

The Gators struck early against the Bluejays. Freshman Kelsey Stewart hit a triple in her first college at-bat and was driven in by fellow freshman Kirsti Merritt.

Creighton tied the game at one in the bottom of the second inning, but Florida stormed back and scored four times in the next two innings — setting the stage for an offensive explosion.

Sophomore Bailey Castro led off the fifth inning with a double, starting an eight-run rally for the Gators. The inning was topped off by a grand slam by Merritt, giving her five runs batted in in her college debut.

But when Florida took the field against the No. 5 Oregon Ducks (2-1) later that night, its powerful offense was nowhere to be found.

For the first three innings, starting pitchers Hannah Rogers and Jessica Moore matched zeroes. But in the fourth, the Gators managed to bring a runner around to score without the benefit of a hit.

Freshman Taylore Fuller reached base on an error by shortstop Kaylan Howard and advanced on a fielder’s choice from Castro. Pinch hitter Ensley Gammel drove Fuller in with a groundout to third base.

Rogers dominated the sixth and seventh innings, allowing only one baserunner in the final two frames. The leadoff hitter singled to open the seventh inning, but Rogers retired the next three batters to hold on to the complete-game shutout.

The Gators continue their play in the Classic tomorrow when they take on Cal State Northridge at 2 p.m. and then No. 3 Cal at 7.